Find here the health benefits of Avocado,how to use Avocado to cure disease,which are the diseases & symptoms Avocado could heal,precautions to be taken etc.
What Does Avocado Cures
Avocado is also known as alligator pear due to its shape and leather like appearance of its skin with a single seed inside it. Avocado is the fruit from Persea Americana and is derived from Aztec word “ahuacatl”. Avocado is eaten as a fruit and also by adding in salads, it is actually a fruit that tastes like a vegetable, a cup of fresh avocado added to salad of Romaine lettuce, spinach and carrots increased absorption of carotenoids from salad to 200%-400%. Avocados are commercially valuable fruit and cultivated in tropical and Mediterranean climate around the world.
Varieties of Avocado:
Avocado is available in three varieties which are:
- Hass – this type of avocado can be easily identified with its pebbled black skin colour and is available in store throughout the year. They have good shelf life, it is easy to peal it and tastes very good, it contains good amount of calories.
- Fuerte – it is a California winter variety and has excellent flavour, Fuerte means strong in Spanish and this variety of avocado survives freezing temperatures. It is a smooth skin type and is not very easily available in stores. This green avocado is low in sodium and high in both vitamin C and dietary fiber, this also contains good amount of calories.
- Reed – Reed avocado is a summertime variety, it is large and round in shape. It is rarely available and only found at some stores in southern California. It is a complete meal substitute as the fruit is big and the seed is of medium size to gives good amount of material to eat.
Avocado fruit is a good source of potassium and vitamin D, the fruit, seeds and leaves are used to make medicine. Both green and dried leaves of avocado can be used for wrapping tamales or seasoning for barbecues and stews. Avocado fruit provides following nutrients:
- Potassium (twice as compared to bananas)
- Vitamin E, C, K.
- B- vitamins
- Folic acid
Avocados are nutrient dense fruit and have the following health benefits:
- Avocados have mono and polyunsaturated good fats and thus helps reduce blood cholesterol level and decrease risk of heart disease.
- How to Get Rid of Excess Coloration or Discoloration Spots on Skin Naturally
- Low Platelets Count - How to Treat & Cure with Avocado & other home remedies
- Avocados contain phytonutrients which are known to prevent chronic diseases.
- Presence of antioxidants helps to prevent skin, mouth, breast cancer and prostate cancer.
- It plays an important part in child’s development.
- Presence of potassium in avocados helps the body against hypertension, heart diseases and other circulatory problems.
- The seeds, leaves and bark of avocado tree can be used for dysentery, diarrhea and toothaches.
- Avocado fruit also stimulates menstrual flow.
- Avocado oil is used to treat Osteoarthritis.
- Avocado oil is directly applied on skin to soothe and heal it and to treat thickening of it.
- Oil mixed with vitamin B12 is used in a skin condition called psoriasis.
- The fruit pulp is used topically to promote hair growth and speed wound healing.
- It can help improve lipid profiles in both healthy individuals and those with non-optimised HDL.
- Avocado is one of the best mouth washes and is a remedy for bad breath. It is effective in removing intestinal putrefaction or decomposition which is real cause of a coated tongue and resultant bad breath.
- The oil from the fruit is widely used in beauty products such as creams, cleansers and moisturizers.
- The potent antioxidant content in avocado helps neutralize free radicals that are important for improving eyesight and preventing eye problems.
- Regular consumption of avocado boosts immune system.
- How to Treat Lupus Natrually with avocado & other Improvised Home Remedies .
Although very healthy and nutritious, avocado can cause certain side effects to certain people, following may be the side effects:
- Some people can develop allergic reaction to avocados, more specifically who are allergic to bananas, peaches, melon, potatoes, tomatoes and kiwi.
- As nowadays there are many variants of avocados in market few variants can cause damage to liver when taken on regular basis.
- This fruit is not recommended for breastfeeding and lactating mothers, it may cause upset stomach for babies.
The adverse effect of avocado is mostly associated from consuming too much of it. Avocado can also be used as fat replacement in baking. Altogether avocado is one of the safest fruit and one need not buy only the organic ones even the conventionally grown can be consumed.