Lavender is an aromatic, tonic herb with a sweet scent. It has a long history of use in medicinal healing. Commercially the plant is grown mainly for the production of essential oil of lavender. This has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. In foods and beverages lavender is used as flavoring component. In manufacturing it is a component of pharmaceutical products and as fragrance in soaps, cosmetics, perfumes, potpourri and decorations.
Health benefits of Lavender
- Promotes digestion: Bloating and poor digestion results from an overgrowth of harmful bacteria. The polyphenols in lavender reduce the bacteria in your gut. You can sprinkle dried culinary lavender in your yogurt and reap the digestive benefits. Lavender tea also has a soothing effect on our stomach.
- Helps in curing Emetophobia
- Helps to relax: The fragrance of lavender lowers heart rate and blood pressure helping you to relax. You can put handful of dried lavender in a vase near your bed or use a diffuser with lavender oil.Also helpes to cure Insomnia naturally .
- Soothes itching: Its anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce itching, swelling and redness caused by bug bite or other skin conditions. You can dab a few drops of lavender oil on the affected area to get relief.
- Treats cuts and scratches: Its antiseptic properties make it effective in treating minor cuts scratches. Lavender oil is a nice alternative protective salve rather than alcohol especially for children.Used in treating Carpal Tunnel Successfully.
- Treats acne: Dermatologists and aromatherapists recommend lavender oil for acne as it inhibits bacteria causing the initial infection, helps to regulate over secretion of sebum and reduces scars following acne healing.Also cures rosacea .
- Dandruff treatment: You can treat dandruff naturally by mixing 15 drops of lavender essential oil in 2 tablespoons of olive or almond oil. Warm it, massage it into your scalp, leave it for an hour and then shampoo out. It is also effective on lice.
- Alopecia areata treatment: Lavender oil has been very beneficial in treating alopecia, an autoimmune disease where the body rejects its own hair follicle and resulting in excessive hair loss. Therefore it is recommended sometimes as a preventive measure for male baldness.
- Pain relief: Lavender essential oil is a very good remedy for various types of pain including those caused by sore and tense muscles, rheumatism, sprains and lumbago. A regular massage with the oil is good to ease your joint pains.
- Bug repellant: The smell of the oil serves as a repellant to many insects like mosquitoes, midges and moths.
- Eases respiratory disorders: Used in the form of vapor or applied on the skin of neck, chest and back, lavender oil can loosen up the phlegm and relieve the congestion associated with respiratory problems.
- Treats headache: Drinking lavender tea and using lavender in inhalation therapy can be useful in treating headaches. Inhalation therapy involves pouring 2 to 4 drops of lavender essential oil in 2 to 4 cups of boiling water and inhaling.
Oral use of lavender is not recommended in children and adult should also consult a knowledgeable health care provider to find the right oral dose. Lavender should not be used on open wounds and also avoid contact with eyes or mucus membranes.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.