It is a nut obtained from a large deciduous tree native to eastern North America. Black walnuts are rich in protein; essential fatty acids like linoleic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid and linolenic acid; antioxidant and anti-inflammatory tannins; and minerals like magnesium, selenium, phosphorous, manganese, silicon, zinc and potassium.
Black walnuts are available in its whole form as well as liquid extract, tincture, capsules, dried leaves, bark and fruit hull or as components of dietary supplements.
Health Benefits of Black Walnut:
- Anti-microbial properties: Its alkaline forming property makes black walnuts effective anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-parasitic and antibacterial agents. Therefore they are beneficial against herpes, cold sores, athlete’s foot, Candida, intestinal worms, warts, sexually transmitted infections like syphilis as well as malaria and acne. Topical application of its tincture is useful in athletes’ foot, ringworm and jock itch.
- to Get Rid of Skin Tags without Pain
- Heart health: Heart friendly potassium, magnesium and essential omega 3 fatty acid present in black walnuts keep a check at our cholesterol levels, prevent inflammation and clogging of arteries and enhance blood circulation. All this help to prevent atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke. Moreover potassium present in it keeps a check at increasing blood pressure and promotes heart health.
- Enhances digestion: Its hull is beneficial in toning the intestinal muscles and healing its tissues. This helps to promote digestion and assimilation of food as well as easier elimination of undigested waste. Therefore it is beneficial for treating diarrhea, constipation, heart burn and irritable bowel syndrome. It also relieves hemorrhoids.
- Treats sore throat: You can get relief from sore throat, mouth sores and tonsillitis by gargling with black walnut extract mixed in warm water. The astringent properties of tannins and antiseptic iodine present in black walnut work wonder for our throat and mouth.
- To Treat & Cure Candida Yeast Infections at Home
- Herbalists in eastern Asia often recommend black walnut tincture as a therapy for respiratory problems like asthma, bronchitis, diphtheria and chronic cough.
- Anti-cancer benefits: A cytotoxic compound present in black walnuts called juglone brings about apoptosis of carcinogenic cells. Moreover polyphenols, omega-3 fatty acids and melatonin, in black walnut safeguard us against cancer.
- Controls excessive sweating: Tannins present in black walnuts benefit people who tend to sweat excessively by controlling the hyperactivity of sweat glands.
- Dental care: You can chew the bark of black walnut tree to ease your toothache. Brushing your teeth with black walnut powder removes dental plaque as well as reduces tooth ache and eases gum inflammation.
- Good for our liver: Organic iodine rich black walnut hulls are beneficial in detoxification of liver and thereby help to keep diseases like cirrhosis, hepatitis etc. at bay. By removing excess fat from the liver they also help to ease liver congestion.
- It can be applied on scalp to treat dandruff and dye your hair.
- Application of black walnut poultice relieves headache.
Caution: Juglone present in black walnuts is toxic in large quantities. Black walnuts are not considered safe for pregnant and lactating mothers and at a stretch it should not be used for more than 6 weeks.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.