Carrots are root vegetables with crunchy texture and sweet taste grown across the globe for their nutrient rich taproots. They are extremely rich in the phytonutrient, beta-carotene and other carotenoids including alpha-carotene and lutein. Carrots are also rich in hydroxycinnamic acids including caffeic, coumaric and ferulic as well as vitamin A. Substantial amount of vitamin C, K, E, B-complex vitamins, minerals like potassium, phosphorous, manganese, molybdenum and dietary fiber are also present in carrots.
Health benefits of carrots
- Improves eyesight: Rich in beta carotene which our liver converts into vitamin A, carrots are especially beneficial to keep night blindness, senile cataract and macular degeneration at bay.
- To Get Rid of Cellulite Naturally
- Prevents cancer: Poly-acetylene antioxidant falcarinol as well as carotenes and vitamin A help safeguard us against cancer by killing pre-carcinogenic cells present in tumors and removing harmful oxygen free radicals from the body. Several studies have depicted carrots positive effects in curtailing cancers of mouth, digestive tract, colon, skin and lungs.
- Good for our cardiovascular system: Antioxidants present in carrot along with carrot phytonutrients called polyacetylenes prevent oxidative stress and inflammation of blood vessels and curb excessive platelet clumping. All this contribute to safeguard our cardiovascular system from conditions like artherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke.
- Skin care: Antioxidants present in carrot help maintain skin’s youthfulness, tone and prevent wrinkles and premature aging. Vitamin A keeps the skin hydrated and prevents acne, pigmentation and dry skin conditions. Apart from eating carrots for its skin benefits you can also apply grated carrot and honey face mask for tightening and adding radiance to your skin.
- Good for our teeth and gums: The crispy carrot removes plaque and food remnants from our teeth. It enhances saliva production which is alkaline in nature and helps prevent and destroy cavity forming bacteria that thrive in acidic environment. Minerals present in the vegetable inhibit dental decay.
- Reduces cholesterol: The high dietary fiber content of carrots is beneficial in reducing cholesterol as the fiber adheres to the LDL or bad cholesterol and removes it from the body.
- Helps in digestion: As chewing a raw carrot enhances secretion of saliva it helps in easier digestion of food. A carrot a day can also help keep gastric ulcers and digestive disorders at bay. Fresh carrot juice enhances our appetite and lowers acidity in stomach and therefore is therapeutic for gastritis. It also a good natural remedy for constipation, intestinal colitis and appendicitis. In a person suffering from diarrhea carrot soup rehydrates the body and restores lost sodium, potassium, calcium and manganese.
- Wound treatment: Often grated or raw carrots are applied on wounds and cuts for their fast healing. Its high vitamin C content is also beneficial for checking capillary bleeding. Drinking or applying carrot juice is also beneficial for healing cancerous ulcers, insect bites, burns, whitlows and boils.
- As carrot is high in alkalinity it prevents acidosis and controls our blood sugar levels as well.
- Carrot juice is also beneficial for easing throat and nasal congestion and its anti-inflammatory properties relieves discomfort associated with rheumatism, arthritis and gout.
So include carrots in your daily diet or beauty regimen and feel the difference.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.