Find here methods to treat & cure diseases using Cranberries . Health benefits,nutritional information,cooking tips & side effects etc.
How to use Cranberries to Heal Diseases
Cranberries are a group of evergreen dwarf shrubs having small red berries that grow throughout the acidic bogs in the cooler regions of the Northern Hemisphere. They are a major commercial crop in the U.S., Europe and Canada and most are used to make jams, juices, sauce and sweetened dried cranberries. They have a tart taste but are full of antioxidants, Vitamin C and antibacterial properties.
Health Benefits of Cranberries
- Source of phytochemicals: Raw cranberries contain polyphenol antioxidants, phytochemicals that are beneficial for the cardiovascular system and the immune system. They prevent plaque from forming on the arterial walls thereby preventing atherosclerosis and stroke.
- Helps in Reversing Kidney Disease Naturally.
- Cancer Treatment: Phytochemicals of cranberries are also effective anti-cancer agents. High amount of flavonoid quercetin present in cranberries can inhibit the development of both breast and colon cancers.
- Used as a home remedy to cure Urinary Tract Infections ( UTI ) naturally.
- Teeth health: Cranberry juice contains a high molecular weight non-dialyzable material that inhibits formation of plaque causing tooth decay, gingivitis, gum disease and cavities.
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) treatment: High amount of proanthocyanidins present in cranberry juice inhibit E. coli bacterial attachment to the bladder and urethera and subsequently help in reducing and preventing UTI.
- Controls kidney problems: Cranberries contain citric acid and other nutrients that can prevent kidney stones and other kidney and bladder problems. The quinic acid present in cranberries prevent calcium and specific phosphate chemicals from binding together. These two bind to form kidney stones.
- Digestive tract benefits: Cranberry’s proanthocyanidins reduces chances of Helicobacter pylori infections in stomach that cause ulcers. Recent research has shown that cranberries may help to optimize the balance of bacteria in our digestive tract.
- Cholesterol control: They help lower low density lipoprotein or bad cholesterol and increase high density lipoprotein or good cholesterol levels in our body.
- Promotes weight Loss: They are rich in antioxidants which flush out our system and thereby improve our digestion and metabolism. This further helps in losing weight quicker.
- Anti-aging properties: The anti-oxidants present in cranberries help to get rid of all free radicals that contribute to the aging process. This not only makes the skin looks younger but improves the functional capacities of our internal organs.
- Improves mental health: Studies have shown that cranberries are good for boosting your memory and lift your mood by relieving stress, anxiety and depression.
- Heals skin conditions: Skin conditions such as acne, eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis can be healed with cranberries.
- Beneficial for eyes: They significantly improve symptoms of cataract, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Tips for preparing and cooking cranberries
- Cranberries retain their maximum flavor, taste and nutrient when they are eaten fresh and not cooked. Usually their nutrients and enzymes are not able to withstand the baking temperatures of 350°F/175°C.
- Just prior to use put cranberries in a strainer and briefly and gently rinse it with cool running water.
- In case of frozen berries that you will be using raw in a recipe thaw and drain them well before using.
- For cooked recipes use unthawed berries to ensure maximum flavor.
You can take advantage of the tartness of cranberries by using them to replace vinegar or lemon when dressing green salads. Combine cranberries with other fruits like oranges, apples, pineapples etc. to balance their tartness and eat them fresh.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.