Find here Fenugreek Seeds health benefits,medicinal properties & diseases it cures.
Fenugreek seeds Medicinal Properties & Cures
Fenugreek is a small annual leguminous herb whose strongly aromatic and flavorful seeds are popular spices used for their culinary and medicinal benefits. Raw seeds have maple flavor and bitter taste which goes away when they are dry roasted in light heat. India is the largest producer of fenugreek seeds in the world. These seeds are rich in minerals, vitamins, phytonutrients and soluble dietary fiber.
- Home remedy for cholesterol control: Taking two ounces of fenugreek seeds daily can reduce blood cholesterol level and reduce risk of heart attacks.
- Prevents diabetes: Fenugreek seeds which is high in dietary fibre Galactomannan slows down the absorption of sugar in the blood. Eating overnight soaked fenugreek water in the morning reduces the blood sugar level. 4-hydroxy isoleucine present in fenugreek increases the insulin secretion in the pancreas and lowers the absorption of glucose.
- Menopause and PMS: Due to its estrogen like properties the seeds help increase libido, lessen effect of hot flushes and mood fluctuations which are common symptoms of menopause and PMS. It also eases menstrual pain.
- Antipyretic effects: To treat fever, eat 1 to 2 teaspoons of the seeds along with an herbal tea thrice a day.
- Heartburn and acid reflux reliever: Lot of mucilage present in fenugreek seeds helps reduce gastrointestinal inflammation and resulting heartburn or acid reflux.
- Cure for skin inflammation: Fenugreek seeds when powdered, mixed in water and applied topically becomes an effective treatment for skin problems such as abscesses, boils, burns, dry scalp & dandruff ,eczema and gout. Washing your face with water boiled with fenugreek seeds works wonders for your skin.
- Hair nourishment: These seeds are good sources of protein and nicotinic acid which helps in reducing baldness and hair thinning. Coconut oil along with fenugreek seeds prevents hair loss and makes your mane lustrous. A paste of fenugreek seeds applied on the scalp helps you get rid of your dandruff naturally.
- Weight Loss: Fenugreek seeds soaked overnight and consumed in the morning on empty stomach help to burn excess fat in the body. Since they are rich in fibers they make you feel full and prevent you from overeating.
- Benefits for Men: It is an aphrodisiac. It increases testosterone levels and is also effective in easing hernia pains and erectile dysfunction.
- Benefits for pregnant and lactating mothers: Since they have substantial amount of iron they are beneficial for pregnant ladies. Fenugreek tea is given during pregnancy to reduce labor pain and increase uterine contractions. The seeds increase milk production in lactating mothers.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of fenugreek seeds make them effective in relieving arthritis pain. Seeds can be eaten mixed with food or you can apply its paste on the joints to ease pain.
- Prevents cancer: Studies have reflected that diosgenin present in these seeds has anti-carcinogenic properties.
Since fenugreek seeds are eatable, they can be safely consumed in moderate amounts, either added to food or in the form of supplements. Their high content of protein, Vitamin C, fiber, niacin, potassium, iron and alkaloids make them reservoirs beauty and health benefits.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.