Find here all about Guavas medicinal properties & how to use Guavas to cure diseases or to improve your health naturally.
Guavas – What Does it Cures ?
Guava is a tropical fruit rich in nutrient and characterized by its unique flavor and taste. In its ripened stage it has a sweet musky aroma, creamy texture and a sweet-tart taste. It is one of the least chemically treated or sprayed food. The fruit is consumed fresh or processed into various products like jam, jelly, pasta and juices. Guavas are rich in Vitamin C, iron, potassium, dietary fiber, carotenoids and polyphenols. They are free from saturated fatty acids and sodium.
- Immunity booster: Being rich in antioxidant Vitamin C, guavas enhance healthy functioning of our immune system. Thereby it protects us against common diseases like cold, cough and flu and other infections. Juice of raw guava helps relieve cough and cold by reducing mucus, disinfecting the respiratory system and inhibiting microbial activities by its astringent properties.Also helps to cure Auto immune diseases naturally.
- Improves digestion: The Vitamin C, carotenoids and potassium present in the fruit strengthen, tone and disinfect the digestive system. Its astringent properties reduce symptoms of diarrhea and cure dysentery by inhibiting microbial growth and removing extra mucus from the intestine.
- Relieves constipation: The high fiber content of guava makes it a good laxative, adding bulk to your food and easing elimination.
- Maintains blood pressure: Potassium present in guava maintains the sodium level and electrolyte balance which helps in controlling high blood pressure that further reduces chances of heart attack and stroke.
- Eye health: Guavas are very good sources of Vitamin A which helps to slow down the appearance of cataracts, macular degeneration and improving eyesight once it has began to degrade.
- Skin care: The high amount of astringent as well as vitamin A, B, C and potassium present in guavas specially the raw ones improve the texture of the skin by toning and tightening loose skin. It also delays wrinkles, aging and protects from dermal disorders. Eat a raw guava daily or you can even rinse your skin with a decoction of its immature fruit and leaves.
- Diabetes: The high fiber content of guava helps to regulate body’s sugar absorption capacity thereby preventing sudden rise and drop in insulin and glucose level in the body.
- Anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties: The high content of lycopene in guavas is useful in scavenging oxygen free radicals in the blood as well as inhibiting the growth and metastasis of cancerous cell. Many studies have shown positive impact of guavas in curbing prostate cancer, breast cancer and oral cancers.
- Thyroid health: The copper content of guavas plays an important role in regulating thyroid metabolism.
- Cognitive benefits: B3 and B6 vitamins present in guavas increase brain function and sharpen your focus and memory.
- Scurvy prevention and treatment: Guavas contain 5 times more Vitamin C than most citrus fruits including orange. So its regular consumption keeps you away from the Vitamin C deficiency disease scurvy.
- The juice of guava leaves cures toothaches, swollen gums and oral ulcers. When the juice is applied topically it heals wounds fast.
Guava is a very filling fruit and satisfies your appetite easily. Taking a medium size guava in your lunch will not make you hungry till evening and thereby will help you to regulate your weight.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.