Chamomile is a flowering herb belonging to the daisy family and is native to Asia and Europe.
Apart from its medicinal use, chamomile is also an ingredient of many cosmetics for skin and hair and its tea is also popular in western countries.
Chamomile Health Benefits
- Wound treatment: Application of chamomile flower paste or using chamomile tea as a salve helps in faster healing of wounds, cuts, burns, ulcers, eczema, canker sores and skin irritations. When applied externally the antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of chamomile preparations benefit healing of nappy rashes and cracked nipples.
- To Get rid of Asian Glow or Asian Flush Permanently
- Stress reliever: Chamomile tea relieves you from stress, anxiety, migraine headaches and tension by soothing our nerves. Its mild sedative properties induce sleep and thereby can keep insomnia and nightmares at bay. Chamomile essential oil aromatherapy also works wonder to relax you.
- To Cure an Autoimmune Disease Naturally
- Beneficial for diabetics: Chamomile is known to be beneficial in lowering high blood sugar levels and reducing complications associated with diabetes like vision loss and damage of kidney and nerves.
- To Cure Emetophobia Naturally with Home Remedies
- Cancer Prevention: Anti-oxidant apigenin present in chamomile brings about apoptosis of cancerous cells and safeguards us against cancer.
- Muscle spasm relaxant: Its anti-spasmodic properties help to ease muscular spasms and pains naturally. Used as a balm or tablet or drinking its tea helps to relieve menstrual cramps, rheumatic pain, back pain, abdominal cramps and spasms accompanying inflammatory disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
- to Cure Back Pain at Home
- Helps in digestion: Chamomile serves as a good digestive relaxant relieving us from indigestion, flatulence, bloating, diarrhea, anorexia, nausea and vomiting. It eases discomforts associated with irritable bowel syndrome as well. It relieves symptoms of colic in children.
- Boosts immunity: Drinking chamomile tea boosts our immunity and helps keep infections associated with cold at bay. Chamomile tea increases levels of hippurate and glycine in our body that gives us anti-bacterial protection.
- to Cure Acne Forever
- Skin benefits: To get soft and supple skin you can add some amount of chamomile tea in your bath water. Chamomile flavonoids and essential oils permeate through layers of skin and help us to get rid of skin rashes, fungal infections, acne and wrinkles. Its antioxidant properties prevent premature aging of skin. Placing chamomile tea bags that have been soaked in warm water helps to remove under eye dark circles.
- Beneficial during respiratory tract infections: Used in vapor inhalation chamomile relieves symptoms of cold, sinusitis and asthma and eases breathing.
- Chamomile ointment effectively treats hemorrhoids.
- Chamomile is also beneficial for our cardiovascular system as it provides anti-oxidant protection to our blood vessels, enhances blood thinning and circulation thereby preventing arthrosclerosis, heart attack and stroke.
- Drinking a cup of chamomile tea or gargling with it is also good for our teeth as it serves as an effective therapy for painful gums, gingivitis and toothaches.
Caution: Chamomile increases muscular contraction in the uterus so it should be avoided by pregnant women as it may lead to miscarriage.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.