Walnuts are the edible kernels of round shaped stone fruits of the walnut tree. They are nutrient dense containing high amounts of protein, dietary fiber, poly and mono unsaturated fatty acids as well as substantial quantities of zinc, iron, calcium and vitamin B6. Antioxidant content of walnuts is two times more than any other nut eaten commonly.
Health benefits of walnuts
- Good for our brain: Often called the brain food, walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial in relieving depression and enhancing cognition. Walnuts also increase levels of melatonin in the body which is one of our sleep regulating hormones. This in turn relieves sleeplessness and insomnia. Moreover omega-3 fatty acids prevent age related cognitive degeneration and uplift mood. Walnuts are good for boosting children’s memory.
- Used for Sarcoidosis Natural Treatment
- Promotes cardiovascular health: Walnuts benefit our heart and circulatory system by lowering LDL or bad cholesterol levels, improving vasomotor tone of blood vessels, reducing platelet aggregation and controlling excessive inflammation. Omega-3 fatty acids, including alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) present in walnuts control blood pressure and reduce risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke.
- Helps to Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis Naturally
- Beneficial in metabolic syndrome: Some studies have found that daily consumption of 1 ounce of walnuts for 2 to 3 months is associated with reduction in risk factors and symptoms of metabolic syndrome.
- Helps To Reverse Fatty Liver Naturally
- Anti-carcinogenic benefits: The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory constituent of walnuts lower chances of breast, colon and prostate cancers.
- Good for our bones: Recent research has depicted that regular consumption of walnuts is associated with reduction in levels of N-telopeptides of type 1 collagen in the blood. This is beneficial for bone mineralization and stability.
- Helps to Cure an Autoimmune Disease Naturally
- Remedy for type 2 diabetes: High content of polyunsaturated fats including ALA, antioxidants and fiber present in the nuts enhances the body’s capacity to produce and use insulin without much additional weight gain thereby helping to keep blood sugar levels under control.
- Hair and skin benefits: Walnut lowers hair fall, promotes hair growth and volume. You can apply a combination of almond and walnut oil to your scalp for added benefits. Being rich in vitamin E and A, it enhances elasticity of skin making it soft, supple and wrinkle free.
- Good for our digestive system: Rich in fiber, walnuts improve functioning of the digestive system. Their laxative effect eases constipation and irritable bowel syndrome as well. Black walnuts are beneficial in eliminating parasites and tapeworms from the intestine.
- The antioxidants in the nuts help to boost our immunity as well.
- Their high fatty acid content makes them beneficial for eczema as well as for inflammatory diseases like asthma and arthritis.
- Folates, riboflavin and thiamin present in the nuts make them beneficial for pregnant women and their fetus.
Caution: Common walnuts are safe for all in normal food quantities. However excessive consumption can cause bloating, loose stools and weight gain. Black walnuts’ application on skin has been associated with eruption of rashes. A chemical called juglone present in these walnuts can cause cancers of lip or tongue when applied daily.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.