Barley is a major cereal grain rich in dietary fiber and selenium. It has substantial quantities of minerals like phosphorus, copper and manganese, niacin, folate, essential amino acids and anti-oxidants whereas it is cholesterol free.
Barley can be used in making breads, soups, stews, beer, distilled beverages and many health foods.
Barley Health Benefits:
- Controls blood sugar: Being a rich source of magnesium, barley is beneficial in curbing risk of Type 2 diabetes. Magnesium is a co-factor of enzymes that help the body in using glucose and secreting insulin thereby keeping a check at increasing blood sugar levels. Presence of eight essential amino acids in whole grain barley and barley’s property to enhance fermentation of indigestible carbohydrates in the colon adds on to the blood sugar reduction benefits.
- Treating & Reversing Kidney Disease Naturally
- Good for our cardiovascular health: Barley is rich in heart friendly fiber and niacin that safeguards us against cardiovascular diseases. Beta-glucan present in barley fiber reduces LDL or bad cholesterol levels, blood lipid levels and blood pressure. Niacin on the other hand prevents harmful platelet aggregation and promotes the health of blood vessels. All this contribute to prevent atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke.
- to Treat & Cure Restless Leg Syndrome
- Anti-carcinogenic benefits: Phytonutrients called lignans present in whole grain barley serve as anti-carcinogens lowering occurrence of pre and post menopausal breast cancer, prostate cancer as well as other hormone-dependant cancers.
- To Get Rid of Cellulite Naturally
- Effective against gallstone formation: Since barley is rich in insoluble fiber it is beneficial for women in preventing gallstone formation. The fiber works by increasing the speed at which food passes through the intestine, lowering synthesis of bile acids, enhancing insulin sensitivity and bringing down triglyceride levels in our blood.
- Gastrointestinal benefits: High quantities of soluble and insoluble fiber present in barley are beneficial in promoting our gastrointestinal health. They add bulk to the food and prevent constipation and irritable bowel syndrome as well as reduce chances of colon cancer and internal piles. The fibers also help to increase friendly bacteria in our gut.
- Eases symptoms of arthritis: Trace mineral copper present in barley brings relief to patients of rheumatoid arthritis. Copper is a co-factor of the anti-oxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase which is beneficial in relieving pain and inflammation. Moreover copper is also required by the enzyme lysyl oxidase that helps to produce collagen and elastin which are required for enhancing flexibility of our bones, joints and blood vessels.
- Protects against osteoporosis: Barley’s phosphorus and copper promotes our bone health and serve as effective remedy for diseases of bone and teeth. Juice of barley grass is extremely rich in bone friendly mineral calcium and its magnesium content ensures proper bone mineral density and calcium metabolism. All this keeps osteoporosis at bay.
- Skin benefits: The selenium present in barley protects the skin from harmful oxygen free radicals thereby maintaining skin elasticity and preventing premature aging.
- Good for our immunity: The high vitamin C content of barley enhances body’s natural resistance towards infections like cold and flu. Its iron content gives a boost to the number of red blood cells thereby preventing anemia and fatigue.
Barely is safe for all. So make it a part of your regular diet and reap the benefits.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.