Oregano is a perennial herb belonging to Origanum family. It is identified by the scientific name Origanum vulgare. It grows most commonly in warm temperature, in western and southwestern Eurasia and the Mediterranean region. Oil extracted from oregano possesses a wide variety of phytochemicals, which are known to offer numerous health benefits. Oregano oil is loaded with vitamins like C and E as well as minerals like iron, calcium, copper, potassium, zinc and magnesium. Daily usage of oregano oil can provide all the essential nutrients to maintain good health.
Health Benefits of Oregano Oil
Oregano oil can be applied topically or taken orally to treat several different ailments. Oregano oil can be ingested to relieve allergies, intestinal parasites, arthritis, sinus pain, ear pain, cold and flu and fatigue. It can be applied on the skin to treat various skin conditions like acne, oily skin, canker sores, athlete’s foot, wart, rosacea, psoriasis and ringworm. It can also be used for insect and spider bites, toothaches, gum diseases, varicose veins and muscle pain.
- Oregano oil can be used to treat respiratory tract disorders like cough, bronchitis, asthma and croup.
- to Treat Crohns Disease Naturally
- Oregano oil enhances the flow of bile into the digestive organs and improves digestion process. It helps to relieve gastrointestinal disorders like bloating and heartburn. The high amounts of thymol and carvacrol in oregano oil help to calm upset stomach.
- to Improve Your Hearing Naturally
- Oregano oil helps fight infections, particularly against aspergillus mold, Candida albicans and vaginal infections. Due to its anti-microbial properties, oregano oil helps combat bacteria like E. coli and Salmonella.
- Regular usage of oregano oil helps to prevent external and internal parasitic infestations such as tape worms, round worms, lice, bed bugs, fleas and mosquitoes.
- Oregano oil is considered to be an excellent remedy for sinus congestion. Add 3 drops of oregano oil to a glassful of fruit juice and drink it daily for about 3-4 days.
- When you feel cold or sore throat, you can start using oregano oil as an early defense mechanism. Mix 3 drops of oregano oil in a glass of orange juice and consume it daily. Repeat this at least for 5 days, unless the symptoms are gone.
Oregano oil can be used in some other health conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, headaches, menstrual cramp, urinary tract disorders like urinary tract infections and heart conditions. It strengthens the immune system, increases joint and muscle flexibility and improves respiratory and digestive health. In order to relieve skin problems, massage with oregano oil in combination with other vegetable oils like coconut oil. For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, you can massage the oil onto hands, forearms and wrists. To relieve fungal infections, you can use oregano oil topically, take orally, or inhale aromatically.
Precautions and Side Effects
Oregano oil is quite safe to use when taken in appropriate quantity and applied to the skin in medicinal amount. However, some people may experience side effects like stomach upset and allergic reaction. Pregnant and breast-feeding women should avoid taking oregano oil orally. It is recommended not to use oregano oil for long-term treatment, as it can interfere with iron absorption and may affect blood flow.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.