Native to China, peaches are among delicious fruits. They are identified by the scientific name Prunus persica and belong to the family Rosaceae. Peach is a small, deciduous tree that widely grows in China, United States and Europe. The tree bears numerous, uniform fruits between the month of May and September. Peaches may vary in color such as pink, red, white, yellow or a combination of these colors. The pulp is juicy, sweet with outer fuzzy shell.
The peaches have approximately 87% water and negligible calories. Yellow-fleshed peaches contain rich amount of vitamin A. Peaches are loaded with carbohydrates, sugars, proteins, dietary fiber, vitamins like vitamin A, beta-carotene, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, folate, choline, vitamin C, E, K as well as minerals like iron, calcium, sodium, potassium, magnesium, manganese and phosphorous. Peaches can be eaten fresh as a dessert fruit with cream or used in pies and cobblers.
Health Benefits of Peaches
Medicinal properties of peaches have been identified since ancient time. They are packed with a variety of healthy nutrients, vitamins and minerals with very low amount of calories and no saturated fats. This fruit provides a large quantity of antioxidants including vitamin C. It increases body’s resistance against infectious agents and eliminates harmful free radicals from the body. Vitamin A and pro-vitamin beta-carotene are essential for maintaining healthy skin and mucous membrane and good vision. Consumption of fruits rich in vitamin A like peaches provides protection from oral cavity and lung cancers. Peaches also contain a rich amount of vital minerals like iron, potassium and fluoride, among which iron is necessary for blood cell formation, fluoride is important for dental health and potassium, being an important cell component, helps to regulate blood pressure and heart rate. The content of flavonoid polyphenolic antioxidants like zea-xanthin, lutein and beta-cryproxanthin in peaches helps to prevent the action of oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species, which can contribute in aging and various diseases.
– Peaches can be used to treat cancer and heart problems due to its content of beta-carotene. Peaches also contain lutein and lycopene that are helpful for good vision. These compounds also help to prevent macular degeneration, cancer and heart diseases.
– High fiber content of peaches helps to maintain healthy digestive function. Antioxidants in peaches help to flush out toxins from colon and minimize the risk of colon cancer.
– Plentiful of alkaline substances in peaches help to relieve the digestive symptoms like flatulence, indigestion, gastritis, nausea, constipation and meteorism. Peaches are also effective in removing intestinal worms.
– Peaches can be considered as the best natural remedy to treat headache, anxiety and stress.
– Peach fruit holds excellent laxative and diuretic properties. Therefore, they can be used to improve functioning of kidneys and bladder. Regular consumption of peaches reduces the risk of nephritis and other kidney diseases. It is also helpful in dissolving kidney and bladder stones.
– Peach fruit can be considered beneficial for heart health. It stimulates blood circulation, lowers cholesterol levels and strengthens heart. It lowers blood pressure and minimizes the chances of myocardial infarction, atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular diseases.
– Peach is a rich source of potassium. Daily consumption of peaches prevents the health conditions associated with deficiency of potassium such as fatigue, muscle weakness, nervousness, high blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, congestive heart deterioration and vibration in ears,
– Peaches also contribute a lot in skin care. Due to its high content of vitamin C, peach fruit is helpful in treating wrinkle and dark circle and prevents premature aging.
Make peaches an essential part of your daily diet and cherish your taste buds with juicy, sweet flavor and keep your body healthy and free from any diseases.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.