Find here health benefits of Skullcap like Treatment of rabies,Cures disorders of the nervous system,
Skullcap or mad dog skullcap is a perennial herb belonging to the mint family. It is a hardy plant with flowers in varied colors ranging from blue, purple, pink to white.
Presence of resinoid Scutellarin, iridoid Catalpol, bitter glycoside, flavonoids, tannins and other volatile oils makes skullcap an important medicinal herb.
It is taken in the form of tea, made into herbal tincture or used in the form of capsules.
Health benefits of Skullcap
- Treatment of rabies: Traditionally the herb was used in North America and Europe as a remedy of hydrophobia or rabies which people incur from the bite of a rabid dog.
- Cures disorders of the nervous system: Skullcap serves as an effective nervine for the central and sympathetic nervous system by calming the nerves, easing anxiety and stress and accompanying muscular tension. Anxiety associated with hormonal imbalances in women can be soothed by this herb. Moreover it also relaxes the nerves of smokers trying to quit smoking. Nervous disorders like epilepsy, tension headaches, insomnia, Parkinson’s disease, neuralgia and hysteria can also be treated to a great extent using skullcap. In combination with passion flower or wild lettuce skullcap’s sedative properties works wonder to treat your insomnia.
- Cures Emetophobia naturally at home.
- Aids digestion: It helps to get rid of dampness in spleen and stomach that results in lack of appetite, abdominal pain, diarrhea, smelly bowel, heaviness in limbs and dry mouth and tongue.
- Relieves upper respiratory tract infections: Since it is a cold and bitter herb it effectively treats cold and cough that has thick yellow mucus. It is also an effective remedy for fever that accompanies these infections.
- Treats exhaustion: Skullcap is beneficial in treating chronic fatigue and severe exhaustion resulting from blood poisoning.
- Its anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties make it beneficial in treating diseases like arthritis, rheumatism, gout and St. Vitus’Dance.
- Benefits for women: It helps in stimulating menstruation, relieving pain in breasts, treating infertility and promotes expulsion of the placenta from the womb after delivery of child.
- Skullcap has also been found to be effective in relieving withdrawal symptoms associated with barbiturates, tranquilizers and alcoholism. It is a good remedy for hangovers as well
- Treats hypertension: A decoction made by using the root of skullcap in combination with the herb ju hua helps to reduce high blood pressure by controlling the negative effect of sodium in our body.
- Skullcap compress when applied to swellings, sores and boils effectively and naturally heals them by virtue of its antibacterial and astringent properties.
- Beneficial for our arteries and veins: It improves blood circulation throughout the body by strengthening our blood vessels. In combination with other flavonoid rich herbs it can inhibit arthrosclerosis and varicose veins.
- Good for our kidneys: It serves as a bitter tonic for kidneys and is beneficial for people suffering from impaired renal functioning.
- Being a natural diuretic skullcap is beneficial for conditions like edema, diabetes, urinary tract infections, osteoporosis, liver and kidney diseases
- It also effective in treating poisonous snake bites.
Caution: Although safe in normal amounts, its overdose often causes confusion, drowsiness and seizures. It should also be avoided by pregnant women.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.