Soybean which is native to East Asia is a legume that serves as the richest plant source of protein.
It contains all the eight essential amino acids and is processed to make varied soya products including soy milk, soy flour, tofu and fermented tempeh and miso.
As compared to other legumes it is a good source of dietary fiber, calcium, iron, B-complex vitamins especially niacin, pyridoxine and folacin as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids including linolenic acid or Omega-3 fatty acid.
Soybeans Health benefits
- Prevents coronary heart disease: Soybeans have been found to be effective in keeping a check at our total cholesterol level by lowering LDL or bad cholesterol and increasing HDL cholesterol. This in turn reduces the risk of incurring coronary heart disease.
- Treats Sarcoidosis with Natural Remedies
- Anti-carcinogenic effects: The isoflavone phytonutrient, genistein, present in soy stimulates activity of a protein called p53 which inhibits tumor formation and induces apoptosis in cancer cells. Consumption of soy milk can control the synthesis of testosterone in men which helps in curtailing the risk of prostate cancer.
- Benefits for women: Its phytoestrogen content makes it beneficial for menopausal women as it is known to reduce hot flashes and accompanying irritability, mood swings and insomnia. To get the benefits these women need to include 2 to 3 servings of soy products in their daily diet. Moreover after menopause chances of coronary heart disease increases in women which can be prevented by soybean consumption.
- Improves bone health: Fermented whole soybean foods have a positive impact on our bone health thereby reducing chances of osteoporosis. It is rich in plant proteins, calcium and vitamin K, the nutrients most important for healthy bones.Helps in Rheumatoid Arthritis Natural Treatments .
- Controls weight gain: High protein in diet is related to suppression of our hunger. Being richest plant source of protein soybeans control obesity. Also some studies have depicted that soy contains protein like components that reduce fatty acids’ synthesis and control their deposition in fat cells.
- Prevents adult-onset or type 2 diabetes: The soluble fiber content of soybeans help to maintain normal blood sugar levels in diabetics. It makes you fill fuller for long thereby increasing the gap between subsequent meals. This further reduces the rate of absorption of carbohydrate into the bloodstream and lowers the need for insulin.
- Strengthens blood vessels: Lesions and hemorrhage of blood vessels are prevented by the combined effect of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids as well as phyto-antioxidants present in soy. They attach themselves to the lining of the blood vessels and prevent them from oxidative stress and cholesterol deposition.Reduces blood Cholesterol naturally.
- Since soybeans are rich in protein they are very good for boosting our hair growth.
- Miso, a fermented soybean paste is rich in enzymes and supplies probiotics to the intestine and aids in digestion.
For our consumption soybeans need to be cooked as raw soybeans are toxic. Moreover cooking destroys the trypsin inhibitors present in them. Since it is considered a complete protein it is especially very beneficial for vegetarians, sports personnel and growing children.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.