Spinach is an annual edible flowering plant rich in phytonutrients, flavonoid antioxidants, and Vitamin A, K, C, E and B-complex vitamins. It also has good amounts of dietary fibers and minerals like potassium, iron, zinc, selenium as well as omega-3 fatty acids. It’s very low in calories and fat. The nutritious value of cooked spinach is three times more than its raw form.
Spinach Health benefits
- Helps to fight cancer: The flavonoid antioxidants present in spinach neutralize oxygen free radicals and keep cancer at bay. Studies have found positive impact of spinach extract in controlling stomach cancer. Carotenoid present in spinach is beneficial for inhibiting prostate cancer and its kaempferol reduces ovarian cancer risks.
- Helps To Reverse Fatty Liver Naturally
- Good for cardiovascular health: The antioxidants present in spinach prevent cholesterol’s harmful oxidation thereby helps to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system. Moreover spinach’s magnesium content is good for keeping a check at blood pressure levels. Folate present in it inhibits effect of harmful chemicals that can cause stroke.
- Treating Sarcoidosis with Natural Remedies
- Improves our cognitive health: Spinach enhances brain functioning and slows down age related degeneration of brain cells by virtue of its anti-oxidative properties. The folate content is especially good for our memory and for reducing levels of homocysteine in the body that causes disruption in the normal functioning of neurotransmitters. Amino acid L-tyrosine present in spinach is good for mood uplifting, improving learning and our problem solving ability.
- Helps To Cure Liver Cirrhosis Naturally
- Maintains good eyesight: Antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin which are abundant in spinach are beneficial for our eyes. They help to prevent night blindness, cataract and age-related macular degeneration especially in older adults.
- Boosts our bone health: Being rich in vitamin K it is good for healthy and strong bones. Spinach also inhibits over activity of osteoclasts which are harmful for our bone structure. Regular consumption of spinach will help you to keep osteoporosis at bay.
- Beneficial for skin: The high vitamin A content of spinach is good for healthy skin as it enhances our skin tone and keeps it hydrated. This further prevents psoriasis, acne, keratinization and wrinkles. The antioxidants present in spinach prevent premature aging of skin.
- Helps in weight loss: Since it is low in calories and fat but high in fat soluble dietary fiber it is beneficial for controlling obesity. It keeps your stomach fuller for long and controls your hunger pangs.
- By adding bulk to the food the dietary fiber rich spinach eases constipation.
- Benefits for women: Iron present in it is beneficial for menstruating women, pregnant and lactating mothers as well as growing children. Folate and VitaminA present in it are beneficial for the developing fetus and good for lactation. Adequate intake of spinach is also associated with increase in female fertility.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of spinach is effective in preventing arthritis, migraine headaches, asthma and osteoporosis.
- Magnesium present in spinach helps to relieve fatigue by restoring body’s lost energy quickly.
Caution: Spinach has considerable amounts of oxalate which when accumulates in body fluids causes problems related to kidney or gall bladder. Therefore people suffering from renal or gall bladder problems should avoid spinach consumption.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.