Find here health benefits of Gooseberries & diseases it cures .
What Does Gooseberries Cure ?
The gooseberry is an edible fruit characterized by its extremely sour and astringent taste. Indian gooseberries known as amla have been used in Ayurvedic medicine for ages for treating various diseases. In the West it is very popular for its anti-oxidant properties. Many minerals and vitamins like calcium, phosphorus, iron, carotene and Vitamin B complex are abundant in gooseberries. They come in various colour, shapes and sizes.
- Rich source of anti-oxidants: Gooseberries are abundant in antioxidants including flavonoids, phenols, and tannins, as well as vitamin C that scavenges free radical and protects us from degenerative diseases and aging. Therefore they are beneficial in preventing the growth and spread of cancerous and tumor causing cells.
- Good for cardiovascular health: They lower blood cholesterol levels and therefore contribute in improving our cardiovascular health. This is due to the pectin present in the fruits which is known to inhibit platelet aggregation. Gooseberries also play a role in strengthening the heart muscles.You can reverse heart disease naturally with Gooseberries.
- Diabetes treatment: Many studies have shown that Indian gooseberries can improve glucose metabolism in diabetics. The chromium present in it does the trick.
- Improves gastrointestinal health: Being highly fibrous gooseberries are effective laxatives that ease constipation, irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal problems. Fiber also binds toxin including those causing cancer in the colon thereby protecting us from colon cancer. Dried amla candies taken empty stomach in the morning improve digestion. Taking one teaspoon gooseberry powder with honey or ghee after dinner curbs acidity.
- Skin and hair care: The antioxidant and trace mineral rich gooseberry is excellent for your skin and hair. Dry and dull skin can be rejuvenated by applying gooseberry paste mixed with honey or blackstrap molasses. Hair loss can be treated by applying its paste on the scalp. It is used in many hair tonics as it enriches hair growth and pigmentation.
- Eye care: Drinking gooseberry juice with honey is good for improving eyesight. It protects the retina from oxidative stress. It has been found to improve nearsightedness, cataract and reduce inter-ocular tension.
- Infection prevention: Regular consumption of the fruit protects the body against infection and improves the immune system. Its antibacterial and astringent attributes prevents us from incurring infections. It protects you from cold and cough. Take 2 teaspoons of fresh gooseberry juice with honey twice a day to control cold.
- Brain health: Being rich in vitamins and minerals it improves overall brain health, improves memory and prevents degeneration of brain cells caused by oxygen free radicals.It cures Stuttering naturally.
- Anemia: Gooseberries are rich in iron therefore increase your body’s iron level.
- Nervous system health: The potassium present in gooseberries strengthens the nervous system and improves circulation.
Fresh gooseberry contains more than 80% water, protein, mineral carbohydrates and fiber. It is useful in many other health conditions like fever, liver disorder, urinary disorders as well as cerebral, gastric and cardiovascular illness. It also increases red blood cells production and strengthens teeth and nails. You can consume it as a fresh fruit, juice or in dried form and reap the health benefits.
Where to Buy Home Remedies ? Search Amazon
Search Amazon to buy good quality home remedies at discount rates.