Find here medicinal properties ,nutrition facts & healing powers of Dried Oregano.How to use Dried Oregano to get faster cures.
How to Use Dried oregano As a Home Remedy
Oregano is a very important culinary herb used for its leaves which is more flavorful when dried than fresh. It is warm and aromatic but slightly bitter. Good quality oregano is grown in warm, dry climate and has a pungency that numbs the tongue. Dried oregano has many culinary and medicinal benefits.
- The herb is an excellent source of potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium. Potassium helps to control heart rate and blood pressure caused by high sodium. Iron helps to prevent anemia. Calcium and magnesium are important for bone metabolism. Manganese and copper are required by the body for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase.
- How to Improve Your Hearing Naturally with Dried Oregano
- Antioxidant properties: Dried oregano is rich in polyphenolic flavonoid anti-oxidants that help to get rid of all oxygen derived free radicals in the body. This in turn slows down the aging process and various disease processes. It is also rich in antioxidant vitamin, Vitamin C that increases body’s infection resisting capacities.
- Digestive benefits: It relieves digestive problems by facilitating copious gastro-intestinal enzyme secretions. It also improves gut motility.
- How To Reverse Fatty Liver Naturally with home remedies like Dried Oregano
- Antibacterial properties: Thymol and carvacrol present in the herb gives it the power to fight harmful bacteria and virus. Recent research has found that it is more effective in treating giardia than commonly used prescription drugs. It is also good for skin infections, cold and influenza.
- Relieves constipation: Since dried oregano is rich in fiber, it adds bulk to food which helps in better elimination.
- Vitamin K storehouse: The herb is a natural source of Vitamin K which is needed by the body for proper blood clotting, promoting bone health and protecting the cardiovascular system by keeping calcium out of our arteries.
- Omega 3-fatty acids present in dried oregano help reduce inflammation and lower risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, cancer and arthritis.
- Relieves menstrual cramps. Chew a few leaves thrice a day to get relief.
- Regular consumption of the herb boosts the immune system as well.
- The herb when used for steam inhalation has proven to clear the sinuses and nasal and laryngeal congestion. Herbal tea made with oregano leaves is also used to clear upper respiratory tract congestions.
- The herb is used a spice added to cuisine as a seasoning to enhance flavor.
- It is used as a flavoring agent in the preparation of pizzas, meats, chicken and fish.
- It is also used in soups, omelets, sauces, salads and pickling.
- Oregano tea can be made by boiling one cup of water to which add 1 teaspoon of oregano leaves and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and add honey to taste.
Choose good quality dried oregano leaves or you can make your own by drying the fresh oregano leaves in shade at home. They are best stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place in a cupboard. They stay well for several months.