Find here the health benefits & diseases cured by grapes .
Grapes – What does it Cures ?
Grapes are non-climacteric type of fruit occurring in clusters of 15 to 300. They can be crimson, black, dark blue, yellow, green, orange and pink in colour. Its unique texture and sweet, tart flavor has made it a very popular snack taken between meals as well as a refreshing addition to fruit and vegetable salads. Grapes are mainly eaten raw. They are also used to make wine and dried to make a dry fruit called raisins.
Health Benefits & Disease Grapes Cures
- Low Glycemic Index (GI): Its GI value ranges between 43 to 53 which is very beneficial for maintaining better blood sugar balance, better insulin regulation and increase insulin sensitivity.
- Grapes used to get rid of cellulite.
- Antioxidant benefits: Grapes help prevent certain oxygen related enzymes from becoming overactive, increase our blood levels of antioxidant nutrient glutathione, help protect cell membranes from free radical damage and lower biomarkers of oxidative stress. The antioxidant flavonoids, resveratrol and quercetin present in grapes reduce platelet clumping and filter toxins out of the body.Grapes helps to cure herpes.
- Bone health: Micro-nutrients like copper, iron and manganese present in grapes are good for formation and strengthening of bones. Grapes in your daily diet can prevent the onset of age related bone condition like osteoporosis. The manganese present in grapes also aids in protein metabolism, collagen formation and nervous system functioning.
- Lowers bad cholesterol levels
- Fatigue: The iron present in grape juice prevents anemia and other minerals give an instant energy boost.
- Heart diseases: Grapes increase the nitric oxide levels in the blood which prevents blood clots, reduces chances of heart attacks and prevent oxidation of LDL cholesterol which blocks the blood vessels and cause coronary conditions.Learn how to reverse heart disease naturally with grapes like home remedies.
- Migraine: Drinking ripe grape juice early in the morning without mixing water helps in curing migraine headache.
- Helps to cure Gout naturally
- Anti-aging and longevity: Phytonutrients like resveratrol increase expression of genes related to longevity.
- Naturally cures lupus at home.
- Constipation and indigestion: The laxative property of grapes is due to the presence of organic acid, sugar and cellulose. They relieve chronic constipation by toning up intestinal muscles and stomach. Grapes also relieve symptoms of dyspepsia.
- Antibacterial activity: Red grapes have strong antibacterial and antiviral properties which make them good for fighting infections. The oligopeptides and phytonutrients present in grapes contribute to its antimicrobial properties.
- Anti-carcinogenic: The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of grapes make them effective in giving us protection from cancer.
- Alzheimer’s disease: Resveratrol, a polyphenol present in grapes reduces the levels of amyloidal-beta peptides in patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Grape juice can improve brain function of older people and delay onset of neural degenerative disorder.
- Macular degeneration: Three servings of grapes a day have been found to reduce risks of macular degeneration and prevent age-related loss of vision.
- Immune system: The high levels of Vitamin K, A and C in grapes boost our immune system.
Grapes offer a multitude of health benefits. Dried grapes or raisins also aid in treating many disorders like constipation, acidosis, anemia, fever and sexual dysfunction. Grapes retain their maximum nutrients and taste when they are eaten fresh and not prepared in a cooked recipe.